Location: Richmond South Terminal
Posting #: YVR004
JOB DESCRIPTION: DHC-2 Float Captain (Full Time)
Seair Seaplanes is currently seeking dynamic qualified applicants for Captain positions on the DHC- 2 float aircraft, to operate scheduled and charter routes on the Southern British Columbia coast.
WORK HOURS: 10-hour shifts, on a scheduled four-day week. Scheduled days will vary based on operational needs.
LOCATION: Richmond, B.C.
TERM: Full Time
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION: Competitive wages, Seair scheduled flight perks, uniform, and Pacific Blue Cross Medical & Dental Plan.
- Communicate clearly and professionally with colleagues and passengers.
- Relay information and decisions to Dispatch and Customer Service Agents regarding routing, weather, and passenger loads.
- Supervise the loading of fuel and cargo, as well as manage the weight and balance control of the aircraft.
- Demonstrate to passengers prior and on board the aircraft regarding safety procedures.
- Maintain an awareness of aircraft technical performance, position, weather conditions and air traffic during flight.
- Communicate comfortably with ATC/Company in a High-Density Airspace location.
- Maintain safety standards and compliance with Safety Management Policy of Seair Seaplanes.
- Communicate with our Maintenance Department regarding aircraft status and maintain logbook record keeping.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of the aircraft.
- Perform daily pre-flight checks.
- Minimum 1000 hrs PIC Fixed wing
- Minimum 500 hrs PIC Floatplane
- Current Class 1 Medical
- Commercial Pilot’s License (Transport Canada Approved)
- Float endorsement – SELS
- The ability to work in a changing environment
- Good Customer service and communication skills
- Safety Orientated, able to operate in remote locations along the British Columbia coast and be a self-starter.
- Preference will be given to pilots with DHC-2 Float aircraft and BC coast experience
APPLY NOW: Please submit resume to recruitment at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest in this position and advise that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.