Seair Seaplanes is a locally owned seaplane company, operating since 1980, with 12 aircraft, providing scheduled routes, scenic tours and charters throughout British Columbia. Please visit www.seairseaplanes.com for more information.
We currently have a full-time, permanent dockhand position available at our Nanaimo location. Shift is Tues to Fri, 40 hrs per week (4 x 10hr shifts) and will require some weekend coverage.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Accepting, securing, and releasing aircraft
– Baggage & cargo handling and must be capable of lifting up to 50 pounds
– Loading & unloading aircraft
– Organization & Movement of aircraft while at the dock
– Maintain cleanliness of aircraft interior & exterior
– Maintain cleanliness of seaplane docks and seaplane facility grounds
– Fueling aircraft and daily fuel reconciliation
– Guest interaction & guest assistance
– Communicating effectively with team members
– Follow company safety practices and standards
– Working in varied weather conditions
– Other duties as required
We are seeking a mature and trustworthy individual that utilizes a meticulous and cautious approach when handling company equipment. This position is extremely busy at times, and applicants will have strong organizational & planning skills, and must be capable of remaining calm under pressure. Applicants should be safety focused and self-motivated. Applicant assets include, previous aviation or marine experience, and general maintenance experience.
- Starting wage is $21.00 per hour
- Uniforms provided
- Health & Wellness Benefits after 90 days
- In-house flight benefits
Please email your cover letter & resume to email@example.com.
No phone calls please.
We thank all candidates for submitting their resumes, however, only those that are short listed will be contacted.