Seair Seaplanes is a locally owned floatplane company, operating since 1980, with 12 aircraft, providing scheduled routes, scenic tours and charters throughout British Columbia. Please visit www.seairseaplanes.com for more information.
We currently have a full-time, permanent dockhand position available at our Nanaimo location. Shift is Sunday to Thursday and 8hours/day
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Accepting, securing, and releasing aircraft
– Baggage & cargo handling and must be capable of lifting up to 50 pounds
– Loading & unloading aircraft
– Maintain cleanliness of aircraft interior & exterior
– Maintain cleanliness of seaplane docks and seaplane facility grounds
– Fueling aircraft and daily fuel reconciliation
– Guest interaction
– Communicating effectively with team members
– Follow company safety practices and standards
– Other duties as required
We are seeking a mature and trustworthy individual that utilizes a meticulous and cautious approach when handling company equipment. This position can be extremely busy at times and the right candidate will be a great multi-tasker and capable of remaining calm under pressure.
Candidate should be safety focused and must have the ability to work in all weather conditions.
Applicant assets include, previous aviation or marine/boating experience, and general maintenance experience.
- Starting wage is $19.00 per hour
(wage increase subject to passing 3month probationary period)
- Health & Wellness Benefits after 90 days
- Business casual attire
- In-house flight benefits
Please email your cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.
We thank all candidates for submitting their resumes, however, only those that are short listed will be contacted.