Posting #: AC8002
Seair Seaplanes is a locally owned floatplane company, operating since 1980, with 13 aircraft, providing scheduled routes, scenic tours and charters throughout British Columbia and the Pacific Northwest. Please visit www.seairseaplanes.com for more information.
We currently have a permanent full-time position available for a Dock Manager at our Nanaimo location.
The Dock Manager will be responsible for the Dock Operations & Facilities Maintenance Operations for the Nanaimo terminal and will report to the Base Manager and Owner.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Maintenance Planning and maintenance control for the dock, terminal, parking lot and dock system. This will include daily projects, and or long-term projects.
– Hiring, training, scheduling for dock crew, as well as cover dock shifts as required.
– Ensure that dock crew uphold operational & safety standards and that all practices meet or exceed regulatory and company standards.
– Coordinate aviation fuel deliveries to the base.
– Maintain daily log of fuel sales and company aircraft fueling.
– Communicating effectively with team members.
– Monitor and address issues with on-time performance, operational irregularities.
– Provide leadership during emergency events by ensuring that established and appropriate procedures are followed.
– Must have strong organizational skills.
– High school diploma. Post-secondary education is considered an asset.
– Must be capable of lifting up to 75 pounds. – Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
– Mechanical skills an asset.
– Able to work in a team environment as well as individually.
– Must have initiative and have a strong work ethic.
– Must have outstanding customer service skills.
– Previous aviation or marine experience is an asset.
Wage will commensurate with experience.
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
No phone calls please. We thank all applicants for submitting their resumes, however, only those that are short listed will be contacted.