Posting # AC8002
Seair Seaplanes is a locally owned floatplane company, operating since 1980, with 12 aircraft, providing scheduled routes, scenic tours and charters throughout British Columbia. Please visit www.seairseaplanes.com for more information.
We currently have a part-time seasonal dockhand position for June to mid September at our Nanaimo location. Approx 20-30hrs/ week and shift will include Sat/Sun.
Wage is $19.00/hour.
There may be an opportunity for this position to become permanent.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Accepting, securing, and releasing aircraft
– Baggage & cargo handling
– Loading & unloading aircraft
– Maintain cleanliness of seaplane docks, as well as aircraft interior & exterior
– Fueling aircraft
– Meeting and greeting passengers
– Escorting passengers to/from aircraft
– Communicating effectively with team members
– Follow company safety practices and standards
– Other duties as required
– must be capable of lifting up to 50 pounds
– able to multi-task in a fast paced environment
– enjoy working outdoors in all weather conditions
– able to work in a team environment as well as individually
– must have initiative and have a strong work ethic
– must have outstanding customer service skills
– previous aviation or marine experience
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.
We thank all applicants for submitting their resumes, however, only those that are short listed will be contacted.