Seair Seaplanes serves British Columbia's south coast with Canada's newest, quietest and most luxurious seaplanes available.
Scheduled Flights - We operate up to 12 scheduled flights daily from Downtown Vancouver Harbour to Nanaimo (Departure Bay) and up to 12 scheduled flights daily from Richmond (YVR) to Nanaimo (Departure Bay), as well as up to 8 scheduled flights daily from Richmond (YVR) to 6 of the major Southern Gulf Islands.
Charter Flights - We also specialize in seaplane charters in the Pacific Northwest including dropping off or picking up in the U.S.A. Experience world-class salmon and trout fishing, landing in secluded coves with white sand beaches or spending an afternoon on a secret lake north of Vancouver enjoying a gourmet picnic lunch.
Our Fleet consists of 4 different types of aircraft - all of which are scrupulously maintained and piloted by experienced coastal pilots - Seair's friendly personnel are always available to offer you their knowledge and expertise in the floatplane industry.
Our Terminals are located at Downtown Vancouver Harbour (NW corner of the Vancouver Trade and Convention Centre), Richmond (Vancouver Airport south side at Seair Seaplane Terminal) and in Nanaimo at Departure Bay (Seair Seaplane Terminal beside BC Ferries).
Call or book online today. We're looking forward to flying with you soon!
Prices quoted are per person, each way. Children are ages 2 to 11 years. Infants fly for free.
Book online and save $2.50 on each leg of your journey!
Nanaimo (Departure Bay) Downtown Vancouver Harbour
Adults:Regular Fare: $74.oo + HST
Children: Regular Fare: * $37.oo + HST
* When accompanied by an adult.
Nanaimo (Departure Bay) Richmond (YVR)
Adults:Regular Fare: $69.oo + HST
Children: Regular Fare: * $34.50 + HST
* When accompanied by an adult.
Gulf Islands Richmond (YVR)
Salt Spring Island, Ganges Harbour
Adults:Regular Fare: $89.oo + HST
Children:Regular Fare: * $44.50 + HST
* When accompanied by an adult.
All other Gulf Island destinations:
Pender Isl., Thetis Isl., Saturna Isl., Mayne Isl., Galiano Isl.
Adults:Regular Fare: $93.oo + HST
Children:Regular Fare: * $46.50 + HST
* When accompanied by an adult.
Frequent Flyer Packages
Prepay for 10 tickets and receive 1 additional TICKET FREE.
Prepay for 20 tickets and receive 3 additional TICKETS FREE.
Prepay for 30 tickets and receive 5 additional TICKETS FREE.
Prepay for 100 tickets and receive 23 additional TICKETS FREE.
Prepay for 250 tickets and receive 69 additional TICKETS FREE.
- FREE passenger shuttle van to Vancouver Airport Main Terminal and New Sky-Train CANADA LINE STATION
- FREE vehicle parking beside Richmond (YVR) Seair Seaplane Terminal and Nanaimo (Departure Bay) Seair Seaplane Terminal (5 days free, $6 for each day after)
Scenic Points Around the Vancouver Area
Seair Seaplanes celebrates over 30 years of operating Canada's fastest, quietest and most modern seaplane fleet. Operating 4 various types of aircraft, Seair's friendly personnel and staff are always here to offer you their knowledge and expertise in the floatplane industry. With such a long history and tradition, Seair Seaplanes has worked hard to become Your Seaplane Professionals.
Experience the unforgettable sights of Vancouver and British Columbia by seaplane. Capture an exciting aerial tour of Vancouver, while flying overtop forested Stanley Park, sparkling English Bay, and Vancouver's cruise ship capital - Canada Place.
High above the city admire the majestic Lions, the endless coastal mountains, and the breathtaking views of the North Shore. Soar above the rugged waters of Indian Arm, past awesome glaciers, and then circle the untouched wilderness of Garibaldi National Park.
Back on the Coast, discover the Gulf Islands by air and enjoy their exquisite West Coast beauty. In the distance you can take in the unbelievable panoramas of Washington's Mt. Baker and the San Juan Islands. Follow Vancouver Island's rocky coast to its northernmost tip and keep your eyes open for wild killer whales playing in Telegraph Cove.
Experience this and countless other breathtaking tours designed to satisfy everyone from the local islander, to the world traveler.
Vancouver City Skyline
Upon departure, Seair's most popular tour gives you a panoramic picture of the North Shore mountains. This flight also includes views of historic Stanley Park, the Lion's Gate Bridge and Howe Sound. Just prior to landing, you can enjoy the breathtaking landscape of Vancouver's skyline.
|From Vancouver Harbour||From Richmond (YVR)|
|2 Person||$139 pp||$269 pp|
|3 Person or More||$99 pp||$198 pp|
|30 minutes with a |
20 minute flight
|50 minutes with a |
40 Minute Flight
Glacier & Alpine Experience
If you desire some of B.C.'s best scenery, then this tour will surely satisfy your interest. Cruise through Howe Sound and soar high above the Tantalus Mountain Range while getting a bird's eye view of ice-blue glaciers and cascading waterfalls before landing on Lake Lovely Water. Capture the tranquility and stunning views that this glacier fed lake has to offer.* November to June the lake is frozen and landing is not available
* Picnic lunch options available, enquire within
|2 Person||$399 pp|
|3 Person or More||$299 pp|
|55 Minute Flight plus 20 Minute stay at Lake|
Chatterbox Falls Excursion
This spectacular journey starts with a low level flight along B.C.'s Sunshine Coast and the Skookumchuk Rapids. Manoeuvre through Princess Louisa Inlet's mile high cliffs before splashing down at the secluded Chatterbox Falls. Accessible only by seaplane or boat, you will be captivated by the true beauty of this natural wonder.* Picnic lunch options available, enquire within
|2 person||$699 pp|
|3 Person or More||$539 pp|
|1.5 Hour Flight plus 30 Minute stay at Falls|
Saturna Island Wine Tasting
Embark on a stunning excursion across the Straight of Georgia on your way to sample a taste of "island life". Wine tastings and food pairings will be served for your culinary pleasure.* Seasonal Tour - May to October
* Culinary upgrades available
* Vineyard tours upon request for additional fee
|2 Person||$369 pp|
|3 Person or More||$289 pp|
|45 Minute Flight plus 1 Hour stay at Vineyard|
Saltspring Island Tour
|2 Person||$479 pp (Option A)|
|3 Person or More||$369 pp (Option A)|
|Per Person||$178 pp (Option B)|
|Option A: 50 Minute Flight plus 2 Hour stay|
Option B: 4 Hour stay or longer if preferred
Nanaimo Kayak Adventure
Your exciting kayak adventure begins with a seaplane flight from Vancouver to the city of Nanaimo, located on Vancouver Island. While you enjoy the peaceful and relaxing sounds of the ocean waves, your professional guide will lead you on a 4 hour kayaking excursion, including lunch. Your journey ends with an afternoon seaplane flight back to Vancouver.* All guests are required to sign waivers
* Minors must be accompanied by legal guardian
* This tour is subject to weather conditions
* Minimum number of guests may be required during low season
If your destination has water and there is room to land, Seair Seaplanes will fly you to wherever you want to go.
Seair Seaplanes flies more charters than any other seaplane company in Vancouver. With its executive-class appointments, the fleet is the most modern and best-equipped of any float plane company in North America. On average, our pilots have more than 10,500 hours seaplane experience each and know the lakes, rivers and oceans of BC and the surrounding areas like few others. If there's a lump of rock sticking out of the ocean somewhere, chances are your Seair pilot will know its name.
For over 25 years, Seair Seaplanes has been specializing in flying charters all over British Columbia and into the USA. Whether you are travelling to a remote work camp, taking a few days to go fishing with the guys, sightseeing or just getting to your property in the Gulf Islands, Seair provides you with professional and personalized service.
Booking your charter is as simple as calling us at
Seair operates one of the most luxurious and updated seaplane fleets in North America.
Our aircraft fleet is scrupulously maintained to the strictest of standards.
Our large fleet of seaplanes includes Cessna 185's, DeHavilland Beavers, DeHavilland Turbine Beavers, and Cessna Caravan's. With this fleet, we have the ability to accommodate various group sizes (1-67 passengers).
Our pilots are extremely knowledgeable of the coastal B.C. Region, and have extensive experience in the seaplane industry. All of our pilots have each accumulated thousands of hours of flying time.
Seair is licensed by Transport Canada and the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration to provide domestic scheduled service and air charters within Canada and the United States.
We offer competitive and reasonable rates.
Frequent flyer discounts available.
- free vehicle parking at all locations except Vancouver Harbour (up to 5 days)
- free shuttle service to Vancouver Int'l Airport Main Terminal
- free storage for excess luggage or supplies
- complimentary coffee and cold refreshments
- washroom facilities
Our friendly and personable staff is readily available to assist you with your travel needs.
Incorporated in 1980, Seair Seaplanes began a business associated with aircraft chartering, maintenance and servicing. With a successful charter operation already established at Vancouver Airport, Seair launched a scheduled service to the Gulf Islands providing customers with 8 flights daily and service to Nanaimo with up to 12 flights per day. On May 25/2011 Seair began daily scheduled service between Nanaimo and the new Vancouver Harbour Flight Center in Downtown Vancouver, with up to 12 flights per day.
Scheduled and charter service are now the major components of the companies' operations. Seair's customers can experience world-class salmon and trout fishing, landing in secluded coves with white sand beaches or spending an afternoon on a secret lake north of Vancouver enjoying a gourmet picnic lunch.
Operating 4 different types of aircraft - all of which are scrupulously maintained and piloted by experienced coastal pilots - Seair's friendly personnel are always here to offer you their knowledge and expertise in the floatplane industry. With such a long history and tradition, Seair Seaplanes has worked hard to become Your Seaplane Professionals.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much baggage am I allowed to take with me?
- On our scheduled service, our baggage allowance is 35 lbs (~16 kg) per paying passenger. An additional fee will be charged for any excess baggage. Our chartered flights allow for more flexibility with an unlimited baggage allowance depending on aircraft size.
*Seair does offer free baggage storage if you'd like to leave your extra luggage behind.
- Can I send packages via Seair?
- Yes, on our scheduled service, our freight rates are as follows:
- envelopes are a $10 fee + HST
- packages 0 - 20 lbs are $20 + HST
- 20 lbs+ is half seat rate or more
- Do children fly free?
- On our scheduled service, the following applies:
- Infants under 2 years are free
- Children 2 years - to 11 years are half price when traveling with an adult
- Can my dog or cat travel with me?
- Yes special arrangements can be made to accommodate the travel of most pets. Please call our Customer Service Agents for information.
- Where do I leave my vehicle when flying with Seair?
- You may park your vehicle at our Richmond (YVR) or Nanaimo Seair Seaplanes terminals for free for up to five days. There is a $6 / day fee for each additional day at these locations.
Pay parking is available at the Downtown Vancouver Harbour terminal.
- Is there a shuttle bus that I can catch to Vancouver International Airport?
- Yes, we provide our Seair customers with a complimentary shuttle service to both the South Terminal and Main Terminal as well as the Canada Line Skytrain station at the airport from Richmond (YVR) Seair Seaplanes terminal, but restrictions prohibit us from picking up customers from the airport. Therefore, we can only provide a one-way shuttle service.
- Do I have to make an advance booking with you, or can I just show up for a flight?
- We require advance bookings as our scheduled service routes only make stops as needed.
- What is the cancellation policy?
- Changes and Cancellations can be made by calling Reservations at 1-800-447-3247. Tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable within 12 hours for the Gulf Island routes and within 3 hours for both Nanaimo routes. Customers who do not show up for their flight will forfeit the fare paid.
- Do your seaplanes fly 24 hours a day?
- No. Seaplanes are only capable of flying during daylight hours, which is why our scheduled flight hours vary from summer to winter months.